If you aren’t familiar with the saying TPWK, you might want to give this post a read. And for those of you who are, do you live up to its meaning?
Treat People With Kindness
If you’re a fan of Harry Styles, you’ve definitely heard of TPWK. It’s the slogan Harry uses on his merchandise as a symbol for love, acceptance, and of course, kindness. He also released a song on his most recent album, Fine Line, called Treat People With Kindness–I 100% recommend listening! Now, even if you aren’t a Harry fan, TPWK still applies to you. How so?
It’s common knowledge that there’s plenty of hatred and negativity in our world. Society constantly tells us we must conform to the “norm”, and if we don’t, we receive criticism just for being ourselves. We have people telling us we aren’t pretty, our bodies aren’t and will never be perfect, only one skin color is beautiful. So, yes, Harry’s slogan is one you should live by.
Simple acts of kindness truly go such a long way. I don’t know about you, but I can remember specific compliments I have been given years ago because of how much I appreciated them. Giving compliments isn’t a difficult task, and it will make someone’s day! Here are some other ways you can begin to TPWK:
- When your friends come to you asking for advice in a situation, try your best to help them instead of brushing it off because “it’s not your problem”.
- If you like a stranger’s outfit, hair, etc., tell them!
- Respect the decisions of those around you–don’t pressure them into doing something they don’t want to. Instead, make them feel comfortable.
- Pay it forward!
- Stand up for those around you getting mistreated.
- Don’t comment on someone’s appearance if they can’t fix it in 30 seconds. For example, telling someone they have mascara on their eyelid is an easy fix whereas something like their weight is not.
Lastly, be sure to treat yourself with kindness, too-you are your biggest critic.
And that concludes today’s blog post! All we need is love. Thanks so much for stopping by, and as always, I hope to see you again soon!